Do you enjoy a good yarn in the company of all ages and believe that history is important?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the above then maybe you should consider becoming involved in this delightful activity.
There are a number of ways to be involved:
- Engage our Senior Storytellers in a Heritage Storytelling presentation or a ‘Remember When’ community workshop. For details please refer to Storytelling in Schools and Storytelling in the Community
- Join a TOTPSS Branch and become a volunteer Senior Heritage Storyteller. Sharing these stories with the wider community as a Senior Heritage Storyteller is an engaging community activity. All our folk are very supportive in assisting with the development of skills and confidence.
- Support the ‘Not for Profit’ association of TOTPPS – Tales of Times Past Senior Storytellers Inc. There are many roles and functions to ensure this unique volunteer community group engages with local community in their Heritage activities.
- Implement the ‘Tales of Times Past’ Foundation Program to your area. Contact Vasanti Sunderland to discuss the proposal and for a ‘Tales of Times Past’ Foundation Program Prospectus.
- Encourage family participation. Encourage younger generations to know their family history – cultural lineage, people, places and events that tell the story of their family ancestry.
- Develop and record your own family history. There are many ways to research this information such as; Local and State libraries, Historical Societies, Genealogy Societies, museums, local council archives.
National Library of Australia – www.nla.gov.au
Research Family History – www.ancestry.com.au
Family History Research – www.myheritage.com
Genealogy Research Sites – www.familylink.com
For all details please refer to CONTACT